Hellenic Central Securities Depository (ATHEXCSD)
This Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Central Securities Depository of Iran and Hellenic Central Securities Depository (ATHEXCSD) on 11 July 2016 on the sidelines of the International Exhibition of Exchange, Bank and Insurance (Iran FINEX) in Tehran, Iran.
- Cooperation in the field of business operations, clearing and settlement of securities and Exchange Traded Funds (ETF)
- Cooperation in creating cross-border securities listing processes
- Forming a working group to develop cross-border trading, and help the growth of exchange markets in both countries
- Creation, development, and expansion of joint products and services
- Organizing joint seminars and workshops to facilitate knowledge sharing and exchange of staff
"Hellenic Central Securities Depository" (formerly known as "THESSALONIKI STOCK EXCHANGE CENTRE") has been founded in 1995. The company's headquarters is located in Athens, Greece. The company has also a branch office in the Municipality of Thessaloniki. It is a 100% subsidiary of Hellenic Exchanges-Athens Stock Exchange S.A.
The foremost mission of ATHEXCSD is providing financial and other related services to ATHEX, which is responsible for exchange transactions in northern Greece, as well as commercial activities to develop the market, providing software services and taking care of analyzing and publishing data from the Greek capital market.
- Official Visit by Iranian Delegation to Athens Stock Exchange
In September 2016, an Iranian delegation comprising representatives of the Iranian capital market entities, including the CEO of CSDI (Mohammadreza Mohseni), Chairman of the Board of Directors of CSDI (Hossein Fahimi), Deputy Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Organization for International Affairs (Bahador Bijani) paid an official visit to the Athens Stock Exchange at the invitation of Hellenic Central Securities Depository. During a symbolic ceremony held in the course of the visit, the Iranian delegation rang the opening bell to start a trading day at the Athens Stock Exchange.